Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kansas City Sail Club Websites

Here are a listing of the different clubs around the Kansas City area. Six months ago I had no idea that there was this much interest in sailing in the Kansas City area.

The only store I found which carries sail gear was Boater's World (located off of Bannister Road in Kansas City Missouri). Unfortunately, they are in the process of liquidating their sale gear due to low sales. One of the sales persons told me that sailers are notoriously cheap and have gone online versus local stores. There appears to be a store that has opened in Lawrence though. I hope the store will have sufficient support from the local sail community! Here is the location and hours found on their website:

315A Industrial Lane
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
785-841-SAIL (7245)
Open Thursday - Friday, Noon to 8 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

I added links to sail clubs (which have classifieds) and the lone store (kansas city sailing). If you have heard of any other groups, let me know and I will add them to the list.

No comments: